Knittin' mittens for ma kittens!

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Hand-dyed, handspun SOCK YARN!

I actually have done a little dyeing recently! Thanks to some of the lovely ladies with the Peachtree Handspinners Guild who helped us dye noobs and showed us the ropes. Here is some shetland that bore the brunt of my experiments:

dyed shetland

And here is the crown jewel of my efforts for that day, superwash merino for hand-dyed, handspun socks! On the bobbin:

superwash on the bobbin

Very happy colors. And here is the end result!

Handspun sock yarn!

This was also my first navajo ply, not too bad I don't think.

DSCN1764

Didn't measure the wraps per inch, but I'd guess it's about a sportweight. 300 yards. I am imagining some toe-up socks with big, loose cuffs for padding around the house!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Wow, that navajo ply looks great!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:51 AM  

  • Beautiful. You've come so far, so fast... And you're certainly making the time until I'm reunited with my wheel (2.5 weeks) feel like two thousand years!

    By Blogger Jennus Interruptus, at 12:13 PM  

  • Great colors! Pretty please, can we see a pciture of the "Inside Out" socks??

    By Blogger Andi, at 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home