Knittin' mittens for ma kittens!

Thursday, January 25, 2007

It's Fiber Friday! And I'm invited.

Here it is...my first Fiber Friday! Complete with photos of my first completed yarn on the Fricke.

First yarn on the Fricke

That's the corriedale pencil roving I posted earlier, in its completed state. I ended up with two skeins--no idea on the yardage, guessing it's bulky weight. Yeah, I'm real scientific with my spinning so far!

First wheelspun

First wheelspun!

It's not perfect, but it's exactly what I wanted. The pencil roving was a great choice for a wheel noob like me--minimal drafting meant I could pay more attention to what the wheel was doing, how adjustments affected the results, etc. So what's on the bobbin now?

BFL on the bobbin

BFL from Sweet Georgia, in Afterglow. Here is what it looks like spun and plied on my spindle, but I think I will keep the wheelspun in singles form, to maximize the yardage.

Spindle spun BFL

And I can't neglect to show a couple of pictures of my spindle-spun merino tussah--I just completed a shawlette with this, and will post some photos when I get a chance. This is an extra skein that I'm keeping for sentimental reasons. :)

Spindle spun merino/tussah blend

It's Ashland Bay MT 50/50, in Sea Mist. The stuff was heaven to spin.

Spindle spun merino/tussah blend

That's all from me, folks! Can't wait to see everyone else's Fiber Friday posts. :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Good job! Your spinning is fabulous! I am verra impressed. :-)

    By Blogger Hockey Mom, at 9:34 AM  

  • Wow! You disappear for six months, then you're back, and you're a spinner to boot?

    Remember those emails you sent? "Spinning is something I'll never be interested in", etc, etc? :-)

    Your stuff is fabulous! It makes me miss my stored away spinning wheel. More, more!

    By Blogger Jennus Interruptus, at 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home