Knittin' mittens for ma kittens!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A long overdue update

I am a crap blogger. I know it, you know it. For someone who spends as much time reading other people's blogs as I do, you'd think I'd be more enthusiastic about keeping my own updated. My excuses are threefold:

a.) I have no computer at home. Any blogging is done undercover at work.

b.) I am lazy. When I have free time, I'd rather spend it knitting or spinning than taking pictures of what I create...but I'm trying to change that.

c.) There are a billion blogs out there already. Who wants to read my crap? My pictures aren't even that good! But then again, I created this one, so I suppose I might as well update it right? I'm going to go with that.

Anyhow, just because I haven't been blogging doesn't mean my life hasn't been full of things that people might--just might!--want to read about. Sadly this post will have little to no knitting content, but I promise in the near future to post about my knitting and recent plunge into the world of spinning. Promise!

But for now, a little photo travelogue of my trip to the United Kingdom in November! I went to visit a good friend of mine who I met back when I was an exchange student in Tokyo back in college. While she was at work I spent some time exploring London on my own, seeing the usual sights.

Bigass Ben

Big Ben, Parliament, Westminster Abbey...all that good stuff.

Trafalger

Trafalger Square...

Sherlock Holmes pub

Finding this place pretty much fulfilled a lifelong dream of mine. I've had a crush on Jeremy Brett since I was ten.

My friend and I visited Highgate, which was one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. We spent hours in both sides of the cemetary, looking at all the graves and meandering pathways.

Highgate cemetary

Highgate Cemetary

Highgate

A park in Highgate, we ate lunch on a bench by a lake and a rat named Lemmiwinks kept sneaking out to see if we would drop our food for him to steal.

We took a day trip to Bath to see the (what else) Roman baths, these are my favorite photos from that city.

Bath

Mmmm...pasties....

Bath

It was a lovely grey and rainy day!

Me in Bath, UK, Nov. 06 138

Our other day trip was to Dover to see the White Cliffs...which I'm sure are far more impressive when it's actually sunny out. But we did get a few moments of sunshine while we were atop Dover Castle.

Me at Dover Castle, UK, Nov. 06

Look! There is some knitting content in the last two pictures! My Clapotis accompanied me on the trip, as well as a hat made from my first handspun. That's right--I succumbed to the spinning sickness! Next post will have some pictures of what I've spun up, as well as lots of wheel anticipation. If you're still around, drop me a comment so I know I'm not just talking to dead air! (Not that I wouldn't do that anyway...but a girl likes to know someone's listening!)

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Hey! It was great meeting you the other day. I hope we get to see you more! BTW, I work in Inman Park, so I'm right down the road from Knitch.

    Your pics and knitting are beautiful!

    By Blogger Hockey Mom, at 10:40 AM  

  • Hey Kerry! Had a great time at Distaff Day - it was great seeing you again! And jeeeeeeeeeze but those are gorgeous pictures! Hopefully I'll see you at the guild next month!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home