Knittin' mittens for ma kittens!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

It's not Friday, but...

I just have to show off anyway. :D And who knows what the weather will be like later this week? I had to take advantage of the beautiful day and the chance to take some photos during my lunchbreak. Lucky me, I work in an office with a gorgeous courtyard.

Handspun BFL from Sweet Georgia, "Afterglow"

Finished this last week--about 250 yards of worsted-weight-ish bluefaced leicester from Sweet Georgia. The color is called "Afterglow."

DSCN1726

DSCN1727

It's soft as butter.

And here is my first plied yarn on the wheel, two skeins (about 7.5 oz total) of Lorna's Laces wool top in "Glenwood."

DSCN1733

Handspun Lorna's Laces top, "Glenwood"

DSCN1734

I guess it's between a worsted and a chunky weight? I got about 222 yards out of the bump. I was disappointed because the batch I got, despite being labelled 10 ounces, was really only about 8.5. Plus it was expensive. It was nice to spin, though, with a lot of predrafting--it was a bit felted. I don't know if I'd buy it again at full price. :P

And here are all three skeins hanging out on an old well cover in the garden!

DSCN1738

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Gasp! Gasp! Swoon!

    How are you spinning singles so effortlessly? Or perhaps you're just setting the twist like a good girl and not being lazy like me.

    Good to know about the Lorna's Laces wool top. I've drooled over the colours, but I've been reading some less-than-stellar reviews about the quality of the wool. Yours looks fabulous, though!

    By Blogger Jennus Interruptus, at 5:31 PM  

  • Kerry! You are rockin'! Thanks for posting these gorgeous pix--filled my evening with beauty and inspiration. I am so impressed by you and your Fricke!
    Michele R

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home