Knittin' mittens for ma kittens!

Monday, January 22, 2007

The Cotton Gin

Not a lot of time to blog this morning, but I did want to show you my new toy.

Fricke S-160 DT

There it is in all it's glory, my Fricke wheel! Put together by me in about an hour, plus the time it took to run across the street to the hardware store for a wrench. This wheel has been dubbed the Cotton Gin by my boyfriend.

And this is what I spun up on it! Corriedale pencil roving from Crown Mountain Farms in colorway Pueblo--I got about two bobbins' worth.



Before setting the twist...yow!!

intestines

I've got a lot to learn, but I think the Cotton Gin is going to be the perfect companion to learn with. Now if only I could create more hours in the day to sit on my ass and spin!!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home