Knittin' mittens for ma kittens!

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

sick days are for yardwork

Taking a break from raking our beast of a backyard. But at least it's at my employer's expense!

It occurred to me that I never posted any pictures of my trip to Arizona this past November. I went with a good friend that I met a few years ago in Japan, and this is our second trip together. (The first was last November, when I visited her in London.) We decided to go someplace neither of us had been, so we picked the Grand Canyon. We drove out of Las Vegas (and not a minute too soon...that place is the PITS) and into Arizona, down Route 66.

route 66

We stayed in a cute little town called Williams, at a restored brothel-turned-bed and bakery.

red garter inn, williams az

We saw the Grand Canyon, where some mountain goats put on a show for us.

mountain goats at the grand canyon

grand canyon

And I put on a show at Meteor Crater, quite possibly the windiest spot on earth that I've experienced so far.

Meteor Crater

It was a great trip. Edited to add: I uploaded a bunch more pictures of the trip to my flickr page. Click one of the photos above to see the rest.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Yeaaaaaaa!!!! Pictures! Great shots. Anymore?

    By Blogger Debbie D, at 3:58 PM  

  • Yay! Looks like you had fun!

    By Blogger Kim, at 10:37 AM  

  • Beautiful pics! Looks like so much fun!

    Oh, btw, you dropped a yarn needle in the couch at Java Monkey. No worries, I've got it in my purse.

    By Blogger Yarn or Death, at 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home