Knittin' mittens for ma kittens!

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Yesterday was a day of laying around, feeling sorry for myself, trying to fall asleep to escape from the depression and the boredom. (Can you tell classes were cancelled? Sadly, Insubordiknit's Jacey had travel issues that prevented her from getting to Atlanta.) Funny how the fates align to add an extra dollop of crap to an otherwise shitty week, but such is life. No one can predict it. Sometimes it just happens that way. And sometimes you need to let yourself wallow in the fact that you feel like ass, and just let it have its day.

But today is different.

I'm eating a salad that I grew in my backyard. We have a delicious dinner waiting for us in the crockpot. Tomorrow starts a fun week full of holiday parties at work and with friends. And last I checked, all my body parts were in working order--I never blogged about it because it wasn't that big a deal, but I had some medical issues since summer that were a real drag. Lady parts acting up. But they seem to have resolved themselves for now, with the help of the doctor and a little hormonal interference. And I'm very grateful for that.

Tomorrow I get to spend some time with some very special ladies, at the home of one particular lady who knows all about what it's like to deal with life's little curveballs. The good comes with the bad, and we have to make the best of what's been dealt to us. If we're lucky, we have friends who can help us get through the tough times. I feel like I have that, and I'm very grateful for it.

Enough! No more introspection, reflection, or moping. We've had enough of that this week. Time to raid the crockpot.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • great post and totally get what you are saying. How exciting for you that the dinner salad is from your backyard! Makes it even more yummy.

    Looking forward to seeing you and the gang tonight at Megan's.

    Sorry about the Lady parts, I did not know. They can be grumpy organs with their own minds.

    By Blogger Debbie D, at 6:58 AM  

  • 1) So sorry classes got cancelled. What a bummer!
    2) Yay for tasty home-grown salad. You rock!
    3) I'm glad your lady parts have been convinced to mind their manners.
    4) See you tonight!

    By Blogger Kim, at 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home