Knittin' mittens for ma kittens!

Monday, October 29, 2007

I broke my wallet at SAFF

My Saturday at SAFF was a real treat after several months of general blahness. But I'm going to be paying for it over the next month--between that and my upcoming trip at the end of November, I'm going to be left eating nothing but ramen noodles. Thank god I have a roommate now. ;)

Damage done (pics coming soon):

1 pair of Strauch fine handcards
a pound of undyed merino
8 oz bag of undyed silk noil
4 oz bag of dyed silk noil
3 oz undyed Wensleydale locks
5 oz undyed mohair locks
bag of dyed Cotswald curls
4 bars of goat's milk soap
2 small bags of angora fiber

Is there more? Probably. But the worst part is that the FLOW OF MONEY WILL NOT STOP. I am hemorraging cash, people! Someone find the vein and pull it out and clamp it, for god's sake!
This morning I signed up for a carding class at Knitch in order to learn how to use my new handcards, and then on my lunch break I stopped by Needlenook and what did I find? Handpainted numma-numma sock yarn, which Karen was flashing all over the place on the SAFF bus like some kind of shameless harlot. And the numma-numma lady herself was even on the bus with us--can't recall her name, but a woman who names her sock yarn after toast toppings? How can you resist that?

Obviously I need to be restrained at this point. But it was worth it, goddammit. Every last penny.

4 Comments:

  • I'm not brave enough to tally up my purchases. Let's say I bought enough fiber to last me until NEXT year's SAFF! Glad you had a good time - I saw all those locks everywhere but didn't buy any. I did buy a fleece, however. Want to process it for me? ;o)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:20 PM  

  • Harlots SHOULD be shameless. That's part of the fun.

    I am SO glad you got yourself numma-nummaed. This yarn is GREAT. What colorway did you get?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:18 AM  

  • Fear not, chica! November is a three-paycheck month. That's what I keep telling myself.

    By Blogger Kim, at 12:39 PM  

  • well if it is the Karen I know, she is shameless!

    Oh that is the sock yarn I kept hearing about from Carina on Monday night. Yummy colors.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home