Knittin' mittens for ma kittens!

Friday, December 07, 2007

Such a crummy week. One of our cars got stolen right out of our driveway sometime Sunday night, while we were asleep in the house. We woke up and it was just gone. Luckily, they only took it for a joyride and parked it maybe two blocks away from the house--no damage other than the busted steering column. But we still had to pay to get it out of impound, then more to get the column fixed and a killswitch installed. Plus we'll be paying for security lighting, a security system (if I can get our landlord to agree to it) and who knows what else until we start feeling safe again.

I feel so shitty about it. I knew the neighborhood we lived in wasn't the best, but somehow until it happens to you, you don't really worry too much. Now every time I get home I'm scoping the place out for evidence that someone's been there. And I'm scared of being there alone. But what are we supposed to do? Move into a gated apartment complex where we'll have a quarter of the space, pay twice as much, and probably have to get rid of one of our cats? I'll just have to wear down the landlord about the security system, because damned if I'm going to live there without one after this mess.

I just wish people didn't suck so fucking hard and do this kind of shit in the first place. And I wish I had millions of dollars so I didn't have to live in a "transitional" neighborhood, but I guess millionaires get robbed too. So I guess I mainly wish people didn't fucking suck.

This weekend I'm taking two classes with Jacey of Insubordiknit at Knitch. That should be fun, and a nice way to relax after the bullshit that has been the week of December 3.

But things can always be worse. I certainly know that, and it helps to remind myself of it...even if things could be better!

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • I'm so sorry! We live in a transitional neighborhood too - smack dab between old money and no money. This time of year there's always more break-ins and even hold-ups. It sucks.

    By Blogger elizabeth, at 3:38 PM  

  • Oh that's horrible. *Hugs*

    By Blogger Hockey Mom, at 4:20 PM  

  • Hey, have fun at your classes. Crossing fingers things go better in the neighborhood.

    By Blogger Yarn or Death, at 7:03 PM  

  • oh no! I'm so sorry! That sucks some serious ass.

    It would help if the Atlanta Police Department didn't suck so bad, too.

    *more hugs*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:49 PM  

  • Have fun at your spinning class, babe! Hope you feel better.

    By Blogger Kim, at 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home