Knittin' mittens for ma kittens!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Will you read this if I don't post a picture?

...I know I wouldn't, but I'm just that kind of person. I need visual stimulation! But I feel verbose this morning, so I'm not going to let the fact that I have no new pics to share stop me from posting.

Tonight, of course, is the Yarn Harlot in Atlanta! Looking forward to finally getting a glimpse of the super-secret Hilan theater in Virginia Highlands. During my (three week) stint as an ice cream scooper at Ben and Jerry's, I poked around back there trying to get in, but could never find an entrance. I can't imagine that 700 people are going to be back there! I've got my sock knitting bag ready for Georgia's largest knit-in, the perfect knitting accessory as far as I'm concerned, purchased from mommamonkey.etsy.com. And the best part, of course, is getting to see all my knitting and spinning friends in one place. I love events that bring people together, though I am not the type to admit that in person. Only here do I let my soft little underbelly show.

I've been in a bit of knitting slump lately--perhaps not a slump in the truest sense of the word, maybe more like I've been distracted by another, newer hobby. Good christ, I need to get ahold of myself. The spinning, the dyeing, now the gardening. All hobbies I've been totally consumed by for a period of time, thrown more money than I care to think about at, all the while neglecting things like cleaning the house and oh, those other hobbies I have. But really, I love the gardening. Love it. It's a bit much for my impatient self to have to wait for seeds to sprout and plants to bear fruit (well, veggies in my case) but I suppose that's good for me. I do tend towards the obsessive, googling constantly for information about soil temperature's effect on germination and organic fixes for fungal diseases and soil amendments. I think I need to chill a bit and let the plants do their thing.

I've got a LOT in the ground right now. In the raised bed, I recently planted bok choy (two types), radishes, and swiss chard. The haricot verts and two tomato plants should be ready for harvesting very soon. In containers I planted spinach and a variety of lettuce seeds, it may yet be too warm for them to sprout however. Ragh! Me hate wait! Hopefully everything comes up soon so I can at least stop fretting over the poor little seeds, poking at the soil and fucking shit up before it even breaks the surface. That's me, can't leave well enough alone, gotta poke poke poke and then oops, shouldn't have done that, gotta start all over again. Life lessons.

That's enough out of me. Hope to see some of you tonight at the Yarn Harlot!

3 Comments:

  • Of course I'll read it, silly! Good to have you blogging! See you at Yarn Harlot! !!!!!

    By Blogger Kim, at 11:09 AM  

  • I'll be at Harlot too.. see you tonight!

    By Blogger Mouse, at 11:20 AM  

  • Love the cursing. No, really I do love it. It lets me know that I am not the only profane knitter out there.

    By Blogger Carina, at 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home