Knittin' mittens for ma kittens!

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Gearing up for SAFF

It's been a long while since I took any pictures of my spinning. I haven't been incredibly prolific over the last couple of months, but I've spun a few skeins that I'm particularly proud of. Here's a line-up of what's come off my wheel.

DSCN1982

DSCN1981

(those first two in the bottom pic are up on my etsy shop. And there are tons more pics of the other yarns on my flickr.

But this is probably my favorite handspun ever to date, so it deserves some blogtime.

merino-tencel sock yarn

These are my babies. My BABIES!! I got a huge thing of BMFA merino-tencel roving, and spun some three-ply sock yarn. All for me. The little one on the left is navajo-plied from the leftover singles, and the big honker on the right is a real three-ply, as in three bobbins. I love these so much. Haven't counted yardage, but it's a real shitload. I mean look at this:

DSCN1990

AHHHH! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!

I'll be at SAFF next Saturday (taking the Knitch bus) so I plan to get lots and lots of fiber to feed the monkey. I'm also planning to get a pair of handcards. After spinning from a few batts, I've realized that I'm in love with the kind of yarn you can achieve with a batt. And I'd like to try carding up some of my own novelty blends, maybe even put a few up on etsy if I get good enough. Thinking way ahead of myself here, of course. Anyway, hope to see some of you at SAFF! Can't wait!

3 Comments:

  • your spinning is looking really, really wonderful! Good job girl

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:23 AM  

  • Your yarn looks lovely! I hope to run into you at SAFF - leave some fiber me, k?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:20 AM  

  • Oh. My. God. That is all so beautiful it makes me want to weep. You rock!

    By Blogger Kim, at 12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home