Knittin' mittens for ma kittens!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

It's like wearing a shawl made of kittens

Over the course of the evening, I managed to go from this...

Clapotis in progress


...a nearly-finished Clapotis with only a tiny, walnut-sized ball of yarn remaining. After a couple of hours of furious knitting and frantic decreasing, we arrive at this:

Kitty and Clapotis


A new cat blanket, apparently.

This thing is so gorgeous that I think only a modelled photoshoot will do it justice. Suffice to say, the yarn MAKES the pattern. Oh, it's a lovely pattern all right...but the yarn, with its incredible softness, gorgeous colors and heavenly drape, is what makes it truly special. I think it's probably the most beautiful thing I've ever knit. I'm wearing it now at the office, wrapped around my shoulders, and it is so light and soft, yet wonderfully warm, that I feel like I could curl up and go to sleep. Which is totally not what I need to be doing this week at work. So with that, I'll sign off--and try my best to do a good photoshoot soon!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home