Knittin' mittens for ma kittens!

Monday, April 10, 2006

Fuzzy lace

I'd just like to say that yesterday I said to hell with the season and wore my Norwegians to the Atlanta Dogwood Festival! Unfortunately, I failed to consider the fact that one does a lot of walking at the festival; let me tell you, while those brown pumps looked cute as hell, they did not make my toes happy by the end of the day. No sir. The cushiness of the stockings did help somewhat, but next year I think we'll stick with sneakers--no matter how badly we want to show off our knitting.

Speaking of showing off, if this thing ever looks like what it's supposed to, I think we'll have cause for celebration.

Lotus Blossom WIP


You know there's no point in trying to take a decent picture of unblocked lace, right? But you get the idea. By Sunday night I was through with chart 2, and it appears I have only three more very short charts to get through before being done. I wonder how big this thing will end up being? I can already tell I'm going to have a *lot* of Helen's Lace left over--maybe even enough for a small shawl or stole. Wouldn't that be nice?

And look what arrived on my doorstep Saturday morning...

Knitpicks Merino Style


...some very inexpensive, very soft, very lovely wool from Knitpicks, for Eunny's Deep V Argyle Vest. I just couldn't help myself...I mean, for less than $30, I have the yarn and the pattern--how could I say no to that? I should be shamed into finishing the Veste Everest, I know, but I just can't bring myself to pick that project up again any time soon. Who knew cables could be so damn boring? (Though I suppose I should at the very least finish the last few rows I have to go for the back. Then it can be stuffed away out of sight again, to be either resurrected or frogged at a later date.)

I had to reorder my Lion and Lamb for Clapotis off of Ebay, after the store I'd originally ordered from called to say they no longer had Sandridge in stock. I can't wait to get my hands on that stuff...man, why can't we have another few months of cold weather so I can justify knitting with it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home