Knittin' mittens for ma kittens!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A good day for mail!

I arrived home yesterday to find not one, but TWO bags of beautiful yarn on my doorstep.

Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb


This stuff is out of this world. Unbelieveably soft and smooth, I can already tell knitting with it is going to be akin to a religious experience. The colors are so gorgeous! Though I'm resisting the urge to cast on for Clapotis until I finish my Lotus Blossom shawl, I couldn't resist winding up a ball by hand just to feel the yarn in my hands. It has that funny silk smell, but even that is charming. This yarn is fantastic.

Jaywalker KAL prize


And this is what I received from Cara at januaryone as a prize for the Jaywalker Knit-Along! Not just the promised skein of Socks that Rock (I selected the Rolling Stone colorway) but also a bonus Chibi and the most gorgeous card I've ever seen! The card is currently sitting on the shelf by my computer at work...I'm sure my coworkers will wonder what it is about me and yarn, seeing as I also have a fiber-related desktop! Thank you so much, Cara, this was a great prize!

2 Comments:

  • *slobber*

    I can't wait for an update! With photos..... *hint*

    By Blogger Jennus Interruptus, at 4:37 PM  

  • Is the LL colorway "sand ridge"? I love how it looks knitted up into your clapotis. I have some fingering weight in that colorway, and I was wondering how it would look knit up. I love it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home