Knittin' mittens for ma kittens!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Not even tornadoes can stop the wheel from spinning! But it does beg the question--if you put wool in a tornado, does it come out as yarn? A most existential question posed by the recipient of Wupatki II, DrKnitter.



I updated my etsy shop with a new yarn from some of my crazy-carded batts. My poor wheel is begging me to take a break from the super-duper-bulky yarns, so this is the last one for a while. It's named The Last Straw, and features lots of that plastic Easter basket straw. So much fun--so hard on the wheel. This yarn is crazy-thick, as thick as my thumb in some spots.



And I finally managed to hold on to some of my hand carded batts long enough to photograph them...usually I spin them up before I get a chance to take pictures. I am in love with these, though. I have to think of the perfect spin for them. They're my own hand dyed mill ends wool in shades of green and brown, with some bright yellow superwash merino and a touch of red merino and gold firestar nylon.





And on a personal note, how does the significant other keep himself occupied when I go into hardcore yarn-production mode? Why, with computer games and kittens, of course.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • And would the tornado make a z-spun yarn or an s-spun yarn?!?! ;o)

    LOVE the batts; I've been giving my handcards a workout and enjoying the results.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:50 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Dia de los diy, at 10:59 AM  

  • Ooh I love your dyeing and carding abilities. I carded some mill ends just the other day, and was PLEASANTLY surprised. The bulky yarn is cool too. So, what's next if you're taking a bulky break?

    Necia

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:23 PM  

  • Lovew the batts!

    By Blogger Megan: Dyer, Spinner and Weaver, at 4:48 PM  

  • Ooooo, pretty. And your guy is very cute. :-)

    By Blogger Kim, at 10:02 AM  

  • What a great idea to mix easter basket bits in with the yarn...just LOVE it!! Makes it physically and emotionally warm-n-fuzzy.
    The gold addition to the wool is gorgeous...looks like sunlight on a lake in the late afternoon...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home