Knittin' mittens for ma kittens!

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Musings, shop

Almanzora

I am trying to find my voice in fiber. I feel like I am beginning to get close, that the vision of what I want to create is becoming more clear to me. My productivity is going through the roof. I have more yarn in my shop now than ever before, and still more to list. And of course I have plenty of handspun stash waiting for me to knit...but for now, I spin.

Shop updates are coming more frequently now. Here are my most recently listed yarns.

Wupatki

Wupatki. Hand dyed blend of merino, wool, and ingeo (cornsilk). This was an exercise in spinning based on a memory of a place I travelled to, and I am very pleased with how it matches the colors in my memory.

I'm also starting to list handspun sets--these contain "skeinlets" of yarn, spun either as experiments or samples and when used together would make nice coordinating yarns. Or they'd be a great introduction to knitting or crocheting with handspun yarns, including some novelty varieties.

"Cocooned" set. Hand dyed mill ends wool with merino/mohair/sparkle cocoons, paired with a handcarded blend of wool and bits of bright red bamboo.

CIMG0329

CIMG0331

"Crayon Box" set. 4 wool yarns, handcarded and/or handdyed. I love how they all look together.

CIMG0324

CIMG0323

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • beautiful color combos, you are fabulous - hope you are feeling better! xo

    By Blogger jana, at 3:45 PM  

  • Holy Cow! your talent is really coming along. I remember when you where sitting at the end of the Knitch table wrestling with a spindle you'd just got. Amazing!

    By Blogger Debbie D, at 6:44 PM  

  • Goddammit! I'm supposed to be on a yarn diet!

    By Blogger Kim, at 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home