Knittin' mittens for ma kittens!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Suck my toe

Look at this photo, and then tell me if you can spot at what point I stopped giving a crap and plowed on towards the finish line.

nor2


Yeah, by the time I hit the toe decreases, I was so ready to be done with it that I didn't really bother to get the pattern to line up just right. The lines that run along the instep are supposed to meet nicely right in the center of the toe, but as you can see, somehow I managed to end up with disproportionate decreases on the instep and the sole. Maybe I didn't have the right number of stitches on each needle, but how the hell would I know? We're in crazy yarn substitution land here! Numbers don't apply to us! We decrease as we damn well please!

Other than that crazy-looking toe, not too bad, right? Looks pretty decent when it's on:

nor4


...and the stupid toe will be stuffed in my shoes anyway. I don't particularly like the way the pattern looks on the foot, even when done correctly--for some reason it makes me think of duck feet. Does anyone see it?

You know what's crazy? These colors seem to be breaking the laws of knitting photography. When you're looking at them in natural light, the colors seem to kind of fade into one another--I guess this has something to do with "tone" or "hue" or somesuch color science. But when they're photographed, I'll be damned if the motif don't pop out and smack you in the eye! Strange, huh?

Anyway, just one more stocking to go. Maybe by the time I'm on the toe of the second, I'll have figured out the issue and will have a lovely little duck foot, just as Nancy Bush envisioned! (I ain't mad atcha, Nancy. I loves you.)

1 Comments:

  • I think it looks right purdy! As a notorious knitting slacker, I would also have stopped caring at the toe point. You're right, it'll be in a shoe. Let anarchy reign!

    By Blogger Jennus Interruptus, at 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home