Knittin' mittens for ma kittens!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

FRICK FRACK BRICKABRACK STOCKING!!!

DUTCH HEEL SUCKS ASS.

*rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRIP*!!!

----------

Okay, I am not going to let this break me. I WILL finish these stockings. I will. I'll remember my love for them and how beautiful they will be when they are finished. I will reconnect to the Process Knitter within. I won't let this one little setback ruin that for me.

But the latest issue? That frickin' HEEL. So yes, part of the problem is definitely the fact that I'm using a different yarn and have to wing it on most of the shaping. But come on, that Dutch heel is just crap. A big, fat, flabby square. Sure, I probably made the damn thing too wide because I didn't have any numbers to follow, but still. I'm going to blame it all on the heel style, because I've modified the crap out of this pattern and dammit, I deserve a little credit here!

So here's what I'm going to do. First off, since I'm also winging it on the toe decreases (insert a high-pitched hysterical giggle here) I will finish the stocking to see how the rest of the foot fits. Then, I'm going to have a couple of drinks, and I'm going to rip this bitch back to the heel flap. And then I'm going to do my standard heel (is it a round heel? I don't know, I think of it as the "thirds" heel, where you do the turn across the center third of the stitches in the heel.) And then I'm going to finish this skank of a stocking.

*sigh*

At least I can keep myself going by remembering how much more relaxing and easy the second one will be, now that I've got fair isle down and the pattern mods/sizing figured out. Of course, by the time I finish these it will be so humid and hot here in Georgia that the thought of hand-knit wool stockings will probably make my skin crawl...*DOUBLESIGH*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home