Knittin' mittens for ma kittens!

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Knitting mojo vanishes into the night

I am taking off that stupid "On the Needles" box I have on my sidebar, because it's just too depressing to have to keep updating it when I have to frog another project. Seriously, I'm having some bad luck with knitting these days. First it was those stupid, stupid Friday Harbor socks. Now, I've somehow managed to knit my way through half a Jaywalker sock only to find that I'm getting 6-7 stitches to the inch ON SIZE 0 NEEDLES. I mean, what the hell is that? If anything I'm a slightly tight knitter, and the gauge for this yarn is supposed to be 8 stitches to the inch on US 1 or 2. So how in the hell am I coming up with such a huge gauge?? I tried on the Jaywalker, which I'd been knitting on my lunch breaks at work, only to find that it was loose as hell on the foot. My rage was complete. Could I have gotten some sort of mutant skein of thicker yarn?

Well, screw it. I want a cute pair of Jaywalkers with the picot edge I've seen around town. I have a couple skeins of Koigu in a very pretty purple/pink colorway, I think they'd make very feminine and pretty socks with that kind of edging. Hm...maybe I'll try the toe-up Jaywalker pattern this time around, since I don't know how long a cuff I can get out of a skein. I guess then I have to figure out how to do a picot edge in reverse!

On second thought, maybe I ought to stick to garter stitch scarves for a while.

1 Comments:

  • Oh no! And you were using the same yarn as before? How disgusting, at any rate. And with you all the way into the foot!

    By Blogger Jennus Interruptus, at 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home