Knittin' mittens for ma kittens!

Thursday, January 12, 2006

WIP: Jaywalker socks

I'm making progress on my Jaywalker socks!

Jaywalker WIP


These socks are a ton of fun to knit. The pattern makes for a nice, snug sock, and I love the way the diagonal stripes look. I'm using Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Watercolor, which I got in a swap--I'm not really a rainbow kind of girl, but I could use a pair of crazy-looking socks! I love the sheen of the yarn, and the colors are really vibrant.

jaywalkerheelLg


Turning heels is fun. Picking up gusset stitches is NOT. Man, I really hate picking up stitches...I never know if I'm doing it correctly (is it the running bars of the chain stiches I should be going through, or the chain stitch itself?) Plus I always end up having to try three or four times before I can get them picked up evenly.

I had a little trouble with the first few rows of gusset decreases--it took a while before I could get it straight which row to do the decreases, and which row to do the zig-zag pattern. I think I've got it now, and have done about half the total decreases.

The colors in these photos are close to true, but I'd like to get a shot of them in natural light. That might have to wait until the weekend...it's dark when I leave the house and dark when I get home during the week. I'll also get some shots of my progress on Veste Everest, and some recent additions to the stash. <3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home