Knittin' mittens for ma kittens!

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Itchy fingers

I'm very close to the end of the Norwegians. It seems like this second one knit up so fast compared to the first--probably because it didn't need to be frogged and restarted twice over. Unfortunately it appears that the Variable Gauge Fairy (as my dear secret pal Jen and I referred to it) has decided to pay me a visit. It's subtle, but this second stocking is definitely tighter than the first, especially in the cuff. However, at this point there's no turning back--it will simply have to do. And besides, both of these stockings will be taking a trip through the washer and dryer when they're completed, to (hopefully) even out any tension trouble spots and especially those ladders. I normally don't get ladders when knitting on dpns, but knitting inside out requires keeping the new needle over the old needle, rather than the reverse, which is what I've found usually keeps ladders at bay. Unfortunately I didn't figure that out soon enough.

I can't wait to start my Lotus Blossom Shawl...unfortunately my needle collection isn't large enough to permit trying out a wide range of gauge swatches, but I have several needles between 3.0 and 4.0mm, and I'm guessing I'll find my sweet spot somewhere in there anyway. I'm going to look for Inox needles at my LYS, since they seem to be the popular choice amongst seasoned lace knitters. New yarn, new needles, new project--this should be exciting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home